Friday, April 3, 2015

Spring Fashion "Must-Haves"

Spring has sprung and I have entered the world of "forty somethings". Suddenly, along with the shift in weather, the trees coming back to life and flowers blooming, I am finding a shift in my fashion. While I have absolutely zero intention of dressing like a forty year old (whatever that means) I also realize I can no longer feel quite right with things I've always worn. Like booty shorts in the gym, for example. That just seems to scream: "I'm trying to look like I'm 25." 

With the shift in weather and shift in my age, I thought I'd share with you some of my spring fashion must-haves that I feel are appropriate and trendy no matter how old you are. Proof being, my 19 year old would wear any of the following items. 

Stripes
Stripes are so fun this season. Dresses, tanks, tops...you name it, you need it in your closet. I like to use stripes that are easy to add bright colors to like black/white, navy/white or gray/white. It's fun to add colorful accessories or jackets or pants to add some colorful fun to the outfit. 

Skinny Jeans
Machine jeans are my absolute favorite. They are trendy, affordable and have a flattering fit. They have a bit of stretch to them and sit a little lower on the waist. I like having them in different washes just for variety and because I wear them so often. Destroyed jeans are a trend this spring and fun to wear with boots, converse or sexy heels. Once again, very versatile. 

Denim Jacket
I wear my jean jacket with everything...dresses - minis and maxis, jeans, pants. The jean jacket is a great transition piece with the Seattle weather being rain today, sun tomorrow. And it's a great way to add style to any outfit. 

Floral Patterns
Another 2015 spring trend is floral prints and I am absolutely in love! Fun, flirty and feminine, a floral whimsy top or floral print dress is the perfect piece to make you feel girly. 

The best thing about the fashion trends right now is that there is something for everyone. Regardless you weight and body type, there is a flattering style for you! 

1 comment:

  1. Early spring is a time period regarding restoration.Spring Fashion Lights as well as blooms usually are growing, many of us accomplish early spring clean-up, as well as many of us acquire thrilled to help spruce up each of our household as well as each of our existence. Each and every Early spring ladies as well as childrens ways additionally practical knowledge modest improvements.

    ReplyDelete