Friday, September 11, 2015

It's All About The South



Hello beautiful Mermaids!

First, I would like to take the time to introduce myself, my name is Chelsea and I am so excited to be one of NBG’s monthly guest bloggers! I’m a twenty-something Cleveland, OH native who’s gone southern to attend graduate school at Ole Miss with my very own fashion and lifestyle blog finally launching this upcoming week called Pretty Pink and Proper! I have a passion for decorating and all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle as well as anything pertaining to traveling, coffee, and Gilmore Girls!



So, with my new home being in the hot (and oh so, so, SO humid) South, I wanted to share a little bit about Southern game-day’s and game day attire (if you’re not familiar that is) and how I plan on styling one of my new fave NBG pieces for game day tomorrow!



For those of you unfamiliar with Southern living and traditions, college football game days in the South are no joke. I come from an urban undergraduate institution in Northwest Ohio where our game day wardrobe consisted of shorts, t-shirts and leggings and sweatshirts when our weather turned brutal. The Ole Miss tailgating experience is truly of its own caliber, and what you’d wear to church on Sunday morning would be what you’d likely dress in for game day, but in school colors. Women are dressed in the cutest sundresses, wedge sandals and cowboy boots, while men sport khaki pants or shorts with polo’s or button down dress shirts and blazers (see below). To say you’ve experience an Ole Miss tailgate in the Grove is to say you’ve witnessed one of the greatest southern traditions.



Keeping all of that in mind, this week I’m so excited to pair my NBG blue “Jana Tunic” with my cowboy boots and my favorite pair of destroyed denim to hit the Grove and game! The humidity down here is REAL so I especially love the light weight material this piece is constructed of, on top of the gorgeous lace detailing on the sleeves that make or an even more breathable garment for all of the intense sun and heat (it was only 105 for last weekend's game with the heat and humidity index….no big!). I can't wait to also work this piece into my Fall and Winter wadrobe (if we ever cool off down here) by layering it over leggings and under comfy oversized knits and vests.






What do y’all think?! Anyone else out there from the South and have fun tips and styling tricks for game day outfitting? Currently coveting the new NBG “Fay Top” piece (I love love love all things that are off-the-shoulder) for all the red game days we have coming up!

Until next time, mermaids!

xx
Instagram: @chelseaesheridan
Twitter: @chelseasheridan

No comments:

Post a Comment