Thursday, July 16, 2015

How to correctly measure your bra size

Hello ladies! 

Today I want to share with the correct way to measure your bra size. Yep, you know that annoying thing that you want to take off as soon as you get home. I would bet money that most of you are wearing the WRONG size. 

Even if you think you're in your correct size, please just take a minute to remeasure, just to be 100% certain. When I was trying to find how to measure correctly, I came across some outdated info that is still being used today. 

I bought new bras in December of last year and have been in need of a new size for awhile now. I could not take it anymore. So I bit the bullet and shelled out the cash for these lady bits of mine to be more comfortable. I think we can all agree on how much better a supportive bra makes us feel. 

Are you ready? 

All you need is a measuring tape and a mirror. Start by wearing whatever bra you have. I wore a tank for the photos so I wasn't on display. ;) 

Take the measuring tape and measure your band size, like this..


Now since I'm a half size, I rounded up to 32. 

Next you'll want to measure the fullest part of your breasts. 



Once you have these numbers, subtract and find the difference between the two. 

For me it's 7. 

Here is the chart to help you determine your cup size. 


Please don't follow the old rule of "add 4 inches to your band size". No. Please no. Now I will say this. All bras run different in size. You really won't know until you go try some on about how they run or feel. For me, I went with a 32G and I didn't care for that bra so I took it back. I decided to go up a band size and down a cup size, putting me in a 34F. 

Since my size isn't something I can just go to the nearest Target or wherever and try on, I went to an actual bra store. I know that when you have to buy higher priced bras it's no fun, but neither is wearing the wrong bra size and being so uncomfortable. I also bought the amazing "soap" they suggested and let them soak in the sink for about 10 minutes. That's it! That will make your bras last even longer! 

So, let me know what you find out when you measure! Do I owe any of you betting money? ;)  


Until Next Time, 

Erica 



1 comment: